What is Carbon Dioxide?
Carbon Dioxide (CO2) is a nonflammable, colorless, odorless gas. Found in air at concentrations of about 0.03%, carbon dioxide may exist simultaneously as a solid, liquid and gas. It occurs naturally in Earth’s atmosphere as a trace gas. The current concentration is about 0.04% by volume, having risen from pre-industrial levels of 280 ppm. Natural sources include volcanoes, hot springs, geysers, and it is freed from carbonate by dissolution in water and acids. Because carbon dioxide is soluble in water, it occurs naturally in groundwater, rivers and lakes, ice caps, glaciers and seawater. It is present in deposits of petroleum and natural gas.
Uses for Carbon Dioxide
We offer compressed and liquid CO2 in various grades specific to different applications such as:
- Beverage-grade CO2 for brewers & winemakers
- CO2 based refrigerants for food marketing
- Treating process water for concrete and pulp and paper industries
- Liquid CO2 for research & pharmaceutical labs
- CO2 injection for oil recovery
- Dry ice (solid CO2 pellets) for cleaning and media blasting
- A stunning gas for livestock
- A welding shielding gas