What is Oxygen?
Oxygen is a colorless, odorless gas. The greatest commercial use of oxygen gas is in the steel industry. Large quantities are also used in the manufacture of a wide range of chemicals including nitric acid and hydrogen peroxide. It is also used to make epoxyethane (ethylene oxide), used as antifreeze and to make polyester, and chloroethene, the precursor to PVC.
Oxygen gas is also used for oxy-acetylene welding and cutting of metals.
Uses for Oxygen
We offer compressed and liquid oxygen in various grades specific to different applications, such as:
- A minor constituent in shielding gases for welding
- An enriched atmosphere for metal fabrication
- A respiratory aid in medical applications
- A growth stimulator in bioreactors
- A minor additive in food packaging